Wednesday, September 22, 2010

38 WEEKS!

How far along? 38 Weeks

Total Weight Gain? I am up 28 pounds.

Maternity Clothes? Running out of options. I feel like a balloon in everything!

Sleep? Still sleeping like a rock. My nights are getting longer and longer. Went to bed at 9:30 last night and the night before. Woke up in the middle of the night with my contacts still in! I start to get zombie-like after nine…

Symptoms? My hormones have been a rollercoaster this week. I’m learning the difficulties involved with being a teacher on maternity leave. Trying to plan lessons for 12 weeks of class seems demanding and a little impossible. Plus, being a person who likes control, it’s hard to swallow the thought of giving up my classroom. I have a feeling that once this little one arrives, however, my thoughts on this will change!

I finally called about my weird calf pain and ended up having an ultrasound on my leg (the baby ultrasounds are much more fun) to rule out a blood clot. Thankfully, no blood clot; unfortunately, no consensus on why it hurts to walk on my right leg. The doctor thinks that maybe a late night cramp caused a nice muscle strain, but isn’t exactly sure.

Cravings? Honeycrisp apples are in! I’ve had one every day since Saturday

Best Moment This Week? I loved having a weekend at home and am looking forward to another one this weekend.

Least Favorite Moment This Week? Sitting in a doctor’s office for an hour and a half waiting to be ‘excused’ after my leg ultrasound. I know hospitals are busy places, but trying to convince a tired and swollen pregnant woman of this after a long day of work is a tough feat! And my heartburn was terrible!

What I Look Forward To? Going to the doctor’s office and hearing of some progress! Weekly appointments are teasers!

Weekly Wisdom? This baby will come, but all in God’s timing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...