Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hi Baby J...

Baby J...

Well...here we are.  We've made it to 36 weeks...officially nine months pregnant.  This is a big deal.  I used to be under the impression that women had their babies when they hit nine months...little did I know this meant a full nine months.  Although I can officially say I'm ready to get on with the show, I know that you are probably a little small yet and it would be a smart move for you to sit tight and bake a couple more weeks.  So, in the meantime, I will continue waddling my way through school, through my closet, and through this life until it's time.  

Speaking of waddling, today was interesting.  This morning, I just felt weird.  I could literally feel you tighten your muscles, causing my stomach to turn as hard as a 2x4.  And for some reason, I felt like I needed to support you, as if you were dropping and trying to escape.  I held onto my plump belly as if you were a sack of groceries in a bag about to burst open from the bottom.  I don't think you dropped because your little bum is still sitting nicely at the peak of my lopsided bump; however, it felt like you were dropping.  I'm sure it's a little wishful thinking, but who am I to know.  I've never done this before...

You were also moving something fierce today.  Strong movements at the top of my belly and the lower left side.  You just seemed uncomfortable, which made me uncomfortable, which made for an uncomfortable morning.  I'm thinking you were either looking for the closest escape route, or you grew an entire half pound in one morning.  

It's been a long week, but tomorrow is Friday, and this weekend is a three-day one instead of two.  I'm planning to embrace this three-day weekend by planting some mums, lying in the hammock, eating some picnic food.   

You're getting closer, Baby J, I can feel it.  I'm not sure if 'closer' means a week or four weeks, but I can feel myself getting physically, mentally, and emotionally ready.  Keep that in mind, okay?       

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...