Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Closer...

How far along? 37 Weeks

Total Weight Gain? We are up 27 pounds total; however, I am down a pound from last week. It must be the clothes I was wearing!

Maternity Clothes? Yes. I’m managing to get by on summer dresses and my white, Gap city shorts. I’ve never broken the ‘white after Labor Day’ rule until now, and I guess at this point, I’m calling it an exception. God bless Judy, my teacher friend, who brought me a black cotton skirt yesterday. I might just make it to October!

Sleep? I’ve been sleeping like a rock lately. I still move from side to side on and off all night; however, it usually takes about 2.5 seconds to fall back asleep. Ironically, daddy-to-be hasn’t been sleeping the best; however, I think he requires less sleep than me.  If only men could breast feed…

Symptoms? New symptoms have been appearing almost every day and quite frankly, none of them have been glamorous. My feet continue to swell throughout the school day and by the time I get home, I can hardly bend my toes. The swelling has settled in my calf muscles, too, which makes walking a little unsettling. My stomach has been so itchy and the other day I noticed my first set of stretch marks (tear). Baby J has been moving a lot and his movements are slower and stronger. He’s running out of room and trying to stretch out his stay (literally).

Cravings? Not much of an appetite the last week or so. My stomach doesn’t have a whole lot of room to grow, so my meals are small, but occur more often.

Best Moment This Week? I had a wonderful baby shower last weekend at Jordan and Kelli’s, and today, Beau and I got to ‘skype’ with our little one! He wasn’t much for company though. We watched him yawn a lot and take what looked like a pretty great nap. He’s definitely growing and all signs show he’s on track to be out of the ute in a matter of a couple of weeks!

Least Favorite Moment This Week? Sub plans, sub plans, sub plans! I stayed at school for three hours today attempting to put together a plan for my long term sub. It took me one hour to describe a ten minute, daily routine. I think I need to come up with a different system…

What I Look Forward To? Having a weekend at home. I’m thinking a Sam’s Club trip, some couch time, and a date night. My goal is to take it easy from here on out.

Milestones? It looks like Baby J dropped this week. He’s slowly but surely getting closer to take-off!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...