Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eight week letter...

Hello sweet baby,

As I sit here typing, it's hard to believe you are already eight weeks new. For some reason, eight weeks seems like a milestone. I only wish I could have a doctor's appointment at eight weeks. They are making me wait until twelve. Even though I'm enjoying many of the symptoms that go along with you (except nausea, thank goodness), there is still a part of me that can't make this be real. I lay in bed at night with my hand on my tummy, trying to make a connection with you. And one thing is sure, my motherly instincts have definitely kicked in...keeping you healthy, safe, and strong is of my utmost concern...and you're only the size of a raspberry!

Speaking of symptoms - As I was heading out the door of school this afternoon, I almost grabbed an Oreo out of a 4th grade boy's hand. Needless to say, I drove to Wal-Mart, picked up some other necessities (a couple cute, cheap baby toys), and grabbed a package of Double Stuffed Oreos and a gallon of milk for dunking. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

As the days get a little longer and the temperatures get a little warmer, I anxiously look ahead to spring. Spring means more smiles, better attitudes, and brighter spirits. It also means time for baby...time to let the world know about your coming, time to find out if you are a boy or girl, time to put less focus on school and more focus on preparing for you. I've got big plans little one. By the time you are ready to enter this world, this momma will be ready. Ready with open arms, lots of kisses, and lots of snuggling.

One month from today, I get to hear your heartbeat. I can't quite fathom how that will be. All I know is that it will be amazing.

Stay warm and strong in there little one. I love you more every single day. I am blessed beyond words.

Love you forever,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...