Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Happiness Project

The Happiness Project continues! As the weather continues to creep up the mercury scale, it gets easier to find more and more to be happy about.

12. We are crazy about our niece. Beau, who usually builds a connection with kids when they reach about two years, has fallen in love with Charly Grace. It's pretty adorable to watch him hold her. His signature move is to take her from someone and in one, instant motion, plop her head on his chest. She usually snuggles in face first until Kelli or I tell him she can't breathe. Then, he either moves her to a new position or maneuvers her head to the side. It's hilarious to watch. You can tell by the look on Charly's face that she's already questioning the decisions of her Uncle Beau!


13. After last Saturday, everyone knows how to pronounce the name, Ali Farokhmanesh. And I mean everyone. UNI beating Kansas will forever be known as one of the greatest upsets in NCAA March Madness history. Our little UNI Panthers came out making a pretty big statement, landing Ali on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and landing Ben Jacobsen a contract for $450,000, good until 2020! The Panthers play in the Sweet Sixteen this Friday night and you can bet they will give Michigan St. a run for their money! Here's the link to a pretty cool article from the Waterloo Courier.

P.S. I'm proud to say I picked UNI to beat KU in my bracket. Taylor may study 'bracketology' for weeks prior to the tournament, spending careful hours crafting his picks, but this girl has a different tactic. Here is one of my hints: Think Andy Bernard from 'The Office.'

14. Pico de Gallo. Beau made the mistake of asking me what I wanted for dinner via text this afternoon. I responded with 'pico de gallo, and a blizzard from Dairy Queen.' My loving husband came through in a big way! Salty chips, fresh tomato salsa, crispy cilantro, all piled on quesadillas stuffed with chicken, peppers, onions, cheese, and sour cream. I am officially in a food coma as we speak.

15. Shutter Island. I have a thing for sitting in movie theaters during the rain. As the rain poured outside, Beau and I sat comfortably in the theater, eating Runts I smuggled in from Walgreen's, and awaiting the highly anticipated Martin Scorsese thriller, Shutter Island. It was everything I imagined it would be. A gripping performance by Leo, an abundance of nervous chills from the freakish and dark atmosphere of the setting, and a mind-bending plot similar to 'The Sixth Sense.' I don't know why I continue to see psychological horror flicks. They always leave me a bit on edge. Let's just say, I think Beau and I both double checked the locks once we were settled at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...