Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Here comes the sun...

I admit it. This week, the stress of my to-do list is getting to me. It's one of those weeks where I just complete a task, turn around, and have another email with something else to do. I feel like my head is spinning a mile a minute. The clean house I once admired during Spring Break is now messy, the laundry has piled up, and the lesson plans I had prepared for my 9th grade class have run dry. I have stress on the brain and worry in the heart. I wish I could be more go-with-the-flow, but it's not in my genes. So...I do what I do best - I keep plugging away, a little at a time. The hours of work add up quicker than the laundry and before I know it, I'm determined, but distracted.

Distracted.

I fail to see the things that are important. I fail to reply to the little 'I love you,' in the text message that Beau sent as I was on my way to an appointment. I fail to pour my cat a glass of milk as I fill my own bowl of cereal. I fail to even stop and open up the windows to fill the house with the scents of spring.

Stopping to enjoy and appreciate those small, amazing things in life is not something I can simply add and delete from a to-do list. It's the to-do list that might have to change. Life is going to change in big ways for me in a few months. I might as well start practicing now.

So...the Happiness Project continues...

16. Sunday night, I decided to watch our wedding video. I hadn't watched it for months. I think as the weather changes each year, it makes me think of that special time in our lives. I think about picking peonies the morning before the wedding at the crack of dawn with Mom, putting my dress on just hours before walking down the aisle, the look on Beau's face as he said his vows, and the excitement we felt boarding the plane to Mexico just a day after the wedding.

As I watched the video, it was so fun to get a sense of the emotion we felt behind the expressions on our faces. Just three years ago, we looked like a couple of kids! A couple of kids now waiting to become a couple of parents. What a scary and utterly cool thing to think about!

17. Last weekend, we finally watched The Blind Side. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Sandra Bullock is awesome and the movie is really inspiring. I cried through the entire first hour, however, like some kind of a blubbering fool. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones!

18. Spaghettios. Odd, I know, but they are small thing that have lately, fulfilled a big craving! I could blame this one on the pregnancy too; however, my mom regularly has Spaghettios and a half of a ham sandwich for lunch. Much to Beau's dismay, I believe Spaghettios will forever have a permanant place in my heart (and my pantry) for years to come!

19. Our TruGreen guy came today, a sure fire sign of spring! As he happily pushed his cart over the tops of our 'greening' lawn, I dreamed of sipping sun tea, planting flowers, and grilling pizzas.

20. Summer Scented Wallflowers from Bath n' Body Works! Caribbean Salsa, Island Nectar, Pineapple Mango, and Cool Tropical Breeze. The smells that fill the room are a perfect little escape. I put a different scent in every single room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...