Wednesday, June 16, 2010

25 Week Update

How far along? 25 Weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss?

Maternity Clothes? I spent some serious cash at Target the other day, but picked up lots of maternity essentials to get me through summer. It’s amazing how much more you can get for your money at Target compared to my old flame, Express…

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? Sleep has been weird. I continue to get enough; however, find myself wide awake at odd times during the night. My dreams are getting a little crazy too.

Best Moment This Week? Monday…this little guy kicked all day. He was distracting me from reading my Educational Research textbook…as I was lying on the couch, I could actually see my stomach jerk up and down. It was crazy!

Least Favorite Moment This Week? My back has started to hurt. I finally caved and went to the chiropractor, who would now like to see me through the rest of my pregnancy. It’s amazing how much stretching and expanding is going in on there.

Gender? BOY!

What I Look Forward To? Lots this week. Beau and I take off tomorrow for a long weekend in Kansas City. Because I didn’t think sitting in the Bleachers at Wrigley sounded near as fun pregnant, we are going to take advantage of the baby bump and see another stadium. I’m looking forward to our ‘Babymoon’

Now that I have the baby’s room painted (and am loving the color I might add), I’ve started getting serious about this nursery thing. Tonight, I even washed a load of baby clothes, folded it, and organized it into Baby J’s dresser. Let’s just say Baby J has more clothes storage than his mommy and daddy…Beau built some massive dresser drawers!

Milestones? Baby J is moving so much, probably because he is growing lots! Right now, he should be around a pound and a half, and approximately 9 inches long. Air sacs are also filling in the baby's lungs, getting him ready for his first breath of fresh air. This is a huge milestone!

Each month in my 'What to Expect,' book, the authors outline possible symptoms of pregnant women at the particular phase they are in. Right now, I'm pleased to say I am experiencing every single symptom in the book, from more 'definite defined fetal activity,' to 'achiness in the lower abdomen,' 'hearty appetite,' 'varicose veins,' and 'backache.' Also...the leg cramps during the night have been crazy. A few times, they had me do a quick jolt out of bed and a little dance in the dark bedroom as Beau turned over and wondered what kind of sleep walk I was in the middle of.

So, thank you, pregnancy bible, for making me feel normal in this dire time of un-normalcy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...