Monday, June 14, 2010

Unmotivated on a Monday...

Today, for about the fourth day in a row, it is dreary outside. It's cloudy, it's too humid, and it's rained off and on for days. During periods of mopey weather, it's easy to start falling into the mopes right along with it. In addition to the weather blahs, my back hurts, my upstairs is covered in a layer of drywall dust, and my Educational Research textbook is like reading a foreign language. So, I felt it was a good time to add to my Happiness Project. I'm on number 42. My goal? Maybe a thousand...

If you are new to my blog, here is what inspired my Happiness Project.

"Still, I will say that the same thing which has helped generations of Sicilians hold their dignity has helped has helped me begin to recover mine - namely, the idea that the appreciation of pleasure can be an anchor of one's humanity"

-Eat Pray Love

42. Since we can't grill with weather like this, I decided to brighten up the kitchen by cooking a little Thai tonight. I bought Beau a wok for Christmas a few years ago and let's just say, we have a ways to go when it comes to being ready to run the grill at HuHot. What we have figured out with our wok is that it is usually quick, tasty, and a great way to use up random produce that's been sitting in our fridge too long. Tonight...red peppers, onions, sugar snap peas, garlic, and oranges in a soy, sherry vinegar sauce.


43. My husband. He's a worker and a provider...there isn't much he can't do and he sees the world that way. Last weekend, he was building baby furniture, tonight, he's upstairs sanding drywall in my new closet. Tomorrow, he'll be sweet talking old ladies to buy insurance from him. Tomorrow night, he'll be at a networking group meeting that he initiated. I'm continually impressed with him and so thankful he is mine...

This is Beau, pre-drywall dust...


44. Speaking of my husband, he surprised me with two gift certificates for pedicures for our anniversary because he 'heard' that pregnant women have a hard time painting, let alone, seeing, their toes. So, on Friday I went and got a pedicures to kick-start a weekend of work. That hour of escape, of picking out the perfect red and sitting back in a massage chair is awesome. Every hard working woman needs a pedicure every now and then...

I can't believe I'm showing a picture of my toes. The pedicure was nice, but it turns out, I need more than a paint color to make these crooked toes glamorous.


45. One of the great things about rainy nights is the excuse to get out the blankets, put on the sweatpants, and transform the basement into a movie theatre. With peanuts, popcorn, and Starbursts in hand, Beau and I finally watched Avatar. It's a three hour investment, but the scenery, the action, and the brainpower behind it all is well worth the experience. Not to mention the 'blue people sounds' Beau and I practiced for a period of time after finishing the movie. We still haven't decided whether the blue people are hot or not though...

46. One more shout-out to food this week. Thinly sliced cucumbers, drenched in vinegar and dillweed, atop grilled burgers with all the fixings. It brought a grilled burger to a whole new level this weekend. So great, that Baby J had burgers for two meals in two days! Beau was so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...