Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dear Baby...

Well...we've made it to 27 weeks. That means, I'm entering my third trimester, the end and final stages before it's time for you to leave the ute and enter the world! A world that is more than ready to meet you! The weather out here has been just perfect this past week and summer is in full swing: the windows are open, Wimbledon is on, and the kitchen is sparkly clean (and I think I just ate half a pan of rice krispie treats).

When the weather gets like this, it seems your dad and I are on the go nonstop. This is probably the reason it seems like we never quite sit still to you. My closet is almost done upstairs, which means I can start moving you into your new room! Last weekend, we painted and cleaned dry wall dust from every crack and crevice in that room. It was a lot of work, but will be so nice to have it done. Now, we just need to get a move on this crib of yours...1) because you need a place to sleep; 2) because it's the focal point of your room and I can't move forward with decorating until it's done. I will be sure to keep you up-to-date on your room's progress as we make some ;)

I think because your dad and I are so busy lately, you haven't wanted to miss any of the action...you have been moving more than ever. It's one of the things I will always remember about my first pregnancy. You always move the most when I lay in bed at night. Monday night, you were putting on quite a show...you are my human popcorn machine! Beau had his hand on my tummy and could feel your pops through the blankets! Then this morning, I woke up to find myself sleeping on my stomach...something I'm really not supposed to be doing. After turning over, you instantly started kicking, as if to say, 'whoa, Mom, what were you trying to do to me?!' So, needless to say, I apologize for squashing you!

Tomorrow, we go on another adventure. We are flying to Texas to see some of your daddy's college friends. Here's hoping the elevation on the plane and hot temperatures in TX don't bother your mommy! I wonder if your kicks will be even bigger in Texas?!?

So, baby, I need to start packing. Happy Fourth of July to you! Maybe you'll hear some big fireworks this weekend!

Love you,

Your momma

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...