Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seventeen Bliss

How far along? 17 Weeks!

Total Weight Gain/Loss? up a pound

Maternity Clothes? Last Friday, I rocked my first pair of maternity capris. Do I necessarily need them? No. Did they look wonderfully, utterly attractive? No. Did they provide comfort and much needed room to move while I decorated for the Junior/Senior Prom? YES!

Stretch Marks? Nope

Sleep? I’m afraid it’s only the beginning. For the rest of my life, I will be tired come 9:00 at night. I couldn’t be more disappointed in myself that I can’t even stay up for 24, our favorite TV show. Good thing we have DVR…

Best Moment This Week? My love of cooking and meal planning has come back in full swing. On Sunday, like old times, I made a meal plan for the week and got the groceries I needed. I cut up 3 pounds of perfect, plump strawberries, grilled salmon, and Beau and I cooked chicken and pasta last night. We’ve eaten at the table together 3 nights this week! Now, I’m itching to make a rubarb pie…

Food Cravings? The strawberries I purchased took on a whole new meaning for me this week. I’m not sure if it’s the pregnancy, but they were the juiciest, fruitiest strawberries I’ve ever had. I had them straight out of the carton, over a bowl of vanilla ice cream, and mowed the rest down at work. I even told the check-out lady at Hy-Vee that she should really purchase some!

Gender? 3 weeks until our Gender Reveal Party! How fun!

What I Miss? Making it through all my morning classes without having to pee three times. The overactive bladder has officially begun this week!

What I Look Forward To? 3 weeks until boy or girl; 5 weeks until summer break!

Weekly Wisdom? Give that daddy-to-be of yours lots of loving. He’s the greatest. He helps you interview for an upcoming job for an hour and a half, then after lots of pep talks, tells you he is so very proud of you. Make sure he hears it back.

Milestones? Did I mention the bladder???


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...